Sunday, August 17, 2008

Suzy: "Why are there so many mushrooms in the lake?"

Joel: "Suz... those are snail shells"

This weekend was so great... and YES - that really did happen. I swear they looked like mushrooms! I was so confused.

Joel came into town to "surprise" my mom - which thanks to a half overheard conversation she was only HALF SURPRISED... it was still fun though! Joel took a road trip with Jamie - to take her to school in FL. They made about a week of it - and then he stopped in MN on his way back out to Portland.

I miss that kid so much! I wanted as much time with him as possible. My aunt and uncle let us use their cabin to get away - then we went up to Hibbing/Chisholm to visit with Tiff's family and visit her grave site - then Joel hung out with MN friends - and I FINALLY saw the Dark Knight with Krista and Bucky - (it wasn't as freaky as I thought it would be... long... but good). Then this morning we all went to Southbridge. Joel got about an hour and a half of sleep - but was a trooper and went anyway. I got to introduce Joel and Kyle to each other. Which I almost forgot to do... because it feels like they should just know each other! We had a nice lunch (at Perkins...) When it was set in stone that Joel was coming - he texted me to make sure we went there - and since that's my favorite place to go and split a salad with a sample platter I was game for it!

Seeing Joel was so good for me! Spending quality time with him even better. Most times he's in town we SEE each other - but to truly have one to one time with him - where we can goof off together and talk hasn't happened the last couple times he's been in town. I think just knowing that "we'll always be here" for each other - it's easy to take that time for granted. But there is such a HUGE reminder - that we're not guaranteed tomorrow - so we HAVE to make the most of the time we have together. I hope that I don't take that time for granted again!

Knowing what is important in life is one thing... Family, the people you love, Friends, work etc... but making it a priority is something completely different. This visit - spending time with Joel was a priority! It was nice! I wouldn't trade that time for anything!

Good to see you Bro!! We will be out to visit you soon... hopefully not in the rainy season! I love you!
RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
(that's a hug... for those who don't know)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and if ya don't know now ya know!
RRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr.
absolutely fantastic seeing you guys! and not just seeing, but being with you. the late night you 'pried' out of me, (tho i don't think it was too tough of a sale). the boat, the cabin, ol Perks, up norte, delirious joel on a sunday morning - can't tell you how many of those i've had, for various reasons. :)
i had a blast hanging out with you, et al!!! definitely. and i hope you do come out here soon. I just thought that earlier today - you and kris gotta come see me out here in my life. see what joel and ptown are all about. it's nice when it's sunny (real nice), but if it's grey and gloomy we'll still have a great time. that would actually be a glimpse into the real portland. but what ever the weather, what ever the month or season, bottom line is you should bring your ass. (and various other things, such as flops, clothes, a kitten and a camera.)

i love you suze!!!!! big squeeze!!!! great to see you. cool meetin your man - he seems cool enough... ;p

take care! move out'ch'r house! and eat your vegetables damnit!

Suz said...

we are in process (of moving out). Man it takes longer than you think...

AND I ate veggies this morning - dammit! :O)

Miss you! We have to come see you!

Love you!

RRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR