Wednesday, January 25, 2012

not just determined by blood


I am thankful that FAMILY 
is not just determined by blood. 

It is determined by love for each other. 
A deep connection of concern and care for each other. 
FAMILY are the people who are around when your world feels like it's falling apart. 
They are the people who show up at your door when you thought you didn't need anyone. 
They are the people who go with you on trips to the doctor when you just need someone in the room. 
They are the people who make you belly laugh and your face flush over the simplest things. 
They are the people who believe in you in the great times and the hard times. 
The people who celebrate with you in the little things. 
They are the people who at the sound of their voice, your day was brightened. 


They are the people that no matter what time or space is there it feels like you never left. 
They are the people who you can't get enough of - even if you don't see eye to eye on everything. 
This is what my FAMILY is to me.

I am thankful for my FAMILY.  
my FAMILY by blood 
and my EXTENDED FAMILY - by choice. 

I am thankful for my FAMILY'S EXTENDED FAMILY - by choice 
they are also MY FAMILY - by choice. 


I am thankful that in times of need and want, FAMILY shows up. 


Thank you for "showing up" for us. 


With all my love,
to my FAMILY! 

2 comments:

ruzzel01 said...

There are certain ways actually.
security systems

Anonymous said...

My family is like that to me, too!