Friday, February 6, 2009

I went in there...

A little while ago I wrote about my storage closet.

I was overwhelmed by it. I didn't want to deal with it. It would take too much time and energy to go through. I knew that I NEEDED things that were in there - but just did with out.

Not anymore. I stayed up until 2am. I bought storage bins and a book shelf. Things are up on the storage shelves. It's a work in progress - but at least it's in progress! It feels SO GOOD! It wasn't as scary as I thought.

The motivating factor was finding my passport. I need that to get my VISA to go to Australia... So I KNEW that I needed to clean until I found it!

Reminds me of life. That there are things that we NEED that are burried deep underneath our crap - it's not as scary once you start cleaning. It's the anticipation of cleaning that is scary. Once you get past that point it's not that bad!

I'm glad I've started cleaning! Both metaphorically and physically.

No comments: