Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Know Your Worth

"When you know who you are in Christ, a rest enters your soul that cannot coexist with striving and struggling.  Just as darkness cannot coexist with light, striving for approval does not coexist with confidence in His grace. WHO YOU ARE matters more than what you do." - pg. 41 Extravagant Worship, Darlene Zschech


I've struggled for so long to  "know who I am in Christ".  The funny thing is I didn't realize that while I was struggling so hard to find this "peace" I just need to BE who I am.  To know and be confident in who God has created me to be is enough.  

This was such a great thing for me to read... when I know who I am... there is a rest and a peace that will cause me not to STRIVE to know who I am in him.  Striving so hard gets so tiring!! 


I am finding that I have more "peace" about myself - so this makes me think that I'm learning who I am in Christ and becoming more confident in Him (if this quotation is true) which I think it is.  


I am excited.

1 comment: