Monday, December 15, 2008

bad news, Good News

bad news first - I got arrested this weekend (1:45am on Saturday morning) if you'd like to know the details - read bellow... IF you want to skip to the good news go to the **

DETAILS: I was pulled over for speeding but didn't get a ticket - I got a warning for no proof of insurance. In my recent move I lost my card, and had made calls into my insurance agency to get it... I called 3 times before getting proof... a month later. By this time it was after the due date - so I put it out of my mind that I actually had to GO DOWN TO THE COURTHOUSE TO SHOW THEM THE PROOF... (I'm a REAL smart one I know)

Fast forward to Saturday morning... My tabs were expired and I put that out of mind also (I have a tendency to do that... something I'm working on) - I was 2 blocks from my house and was pulled over. I got my driver's license out and told cop about my incident with the insurance - he went to go run my driver's license and said he'd be right back... it was a LONG TIME... anyone who has ever been pulled over knows that that is NO GOOD.

He comes up to my car and said, "Suzanne... I pulled you over because your tabs are expired... BUT I have to cuff you and take you in ... there is a warrant out for your arrest." I was SHOCKED! Doesn't this sound like a bad dream??

I've heard of that happening - but I never got any notice (because of the move). I told him that I lived 2 blocks away - so he followed me to my house so that my car wouldn't have to be towed (an extra $200) He walked me through everything that happened and let me call and text a few people - saying I'd just have to put it away from the people from the jail came out... so I was cuffed and driven off in the back seat of a police car... It was surreal!

I was FRISKED!! It is NOT an experience like at the airport. The booking lady put me into a CELL... yah - I was IN A CELL.

I sat down and cried (2 tears) and then was like, "BUCK UP SUZY... You're here! You were stupid - it's an expensive lesson to learn - but not the end of the world! Make the most of it!" So I started to pray.

There was a woman laying on the floor under a blanket and I started to think about teen challenge. She asked what time it was and we started talking - she was in there for a DUI, theft and running from the cops. She said she would be there for the weekend and had been waiting to be "booked" since 6pm... She said she was going to court on Monday (today) to see what would happen. They were talking about sending her to some home... She started to say, "tee..." I said, "Teen Challenge?" She said, "Yah, that's it!" I started to tell her about it - that they've got the highest recovery percentage and that I have a friend that works for them. I told her it would be hard - but will be good - and if she can go there - to do it. She was then taken out of my cell to be "booked" We saw each other again when I was being booked and smiled across the way.
I was out of there at about 3:45 - so it took about 2 hours - but I'm so glad for the timing (in the night)- 7 people were radioed in on my way out.

RC - came to pay my bail and pick me up. In it all - it seems pretty orchestrated. Like there was a plan - I'm not sure what it's all about yet - but I've seen glimpses of it.

Why I think it was orchestrated:
Marley - RC and Megan's 14 month old baby girl wouldn't go to bed that night... she was up until Midnight... which NEVER happens - she's usually asleep by 8:30pm at the latest. If she would have gone to bed - RC & Megan would have been asleep... and they wouldn't have had their phones on them. I may have had to stay overnight and then wouldn't have had my phone to text and give all of the details. I couldn't get a hold of Kyle and don't think my dad has a check card to get cash - so RC & Megan were really the only option and the closest to the jail.

I have been pretty raw ever since this happened. This weekend has not been the best - because of other details I won't go into.

But... ** GOOD NEWS! It is all taken care of!!

This morning I nervously went down to the courthouse - showed them my proof of insurance - they dismissed the charges - I will get my bail money back - AND didn't have to pay anything for the "warning"!!! How SWEET is that! I'm so thankful my car didn't get towed (That money would have been gone - no way of getting that back). I got my address on my license changed and my tabs updated! It all worked out.

I'm not sure exactly why I went through all of that yet...

1. lesson learned - DON'T PROCRASTINATE! get things done when they need to be done
2. lesson learned - there's a reason for everything - even though we may not see it
3. lesson learned - Don't Drive with out proof of insurance I guess it's "like murder in the traffic world"

If your tabs are expired... go now to get updated tabs!! run... or drive - but don't speed!