Tuesday, December 23, 2008

May your Soul Feel It's Worth

O Holy Night - has got to be one of my favorite Christmas songs. (period)

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Soul Felt Its Worth.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
O night divine, O night, O night Divine.

We sing the songs every year at our Christmas Eve services at Church - or with family at Christmas parties. But do we really know the weight of the words? I love the music of Christmas - but the words didn't hit me - until I read them on a Christmas card a few years back... How can 1 line of a song mean so much? Those words have stuck with me. I can't shake them.

Christ came for us to KNOW OUR WORTH in Him! He came so we would know Him. He came so we could have the best life possible. That we would know the most amazing love and security in Him. He came to bless us - to BE a blessing.

I'm amazed with the business of Christmas right now. My Christmas shopping is not complete, my presents are not wrapped, all of my letters are not out... and I have a half of a day to get it all done... In talking to people MOST have said, "It doesn't even feel like Christmas" the snow is here, the lights are hung, the tree is up - but it doesn't feel like Christmas.

So what is Christmas supposed to feel like? My sister has said that having a relationship with God is like "Christmas everyday" - I think that the feeling of Christmas is knowing that there is more to this life than what we know. Knowing that God thought high enough of us - loved us enough to send Jesus to the earth - to live and die for us is pretty amazing. I think that's what Christmas is supposed to feel like.

I'm sort of glad that it doesn't "feel like" Christmas - because I think the "feeling of Christmas" gets skewed so easily. So hopefully... we will get to the point where everyday feels like Christmas!! True Christmas!

I pray you and your loved ones will truly know your worth this Holiday Season!

No comments: