Monday, March 9, 2009

my short trip to Australia

was life changing.

I feel like for the last about 8 years I've been walking through life - a bit asleep. I started "dealing with depression" back in 2001... and have struggled off and on with it since.

I didn't value myself enough to wake up. To pursue the best for my life. This usually came in form of a relationship. I settled for what wasn't the BEST. Not really believing that it was out there for me. Not valuing myself enough to just be alone and wait.

There is "a new song" in my life. That is a great summary for my trip!! I didn't go to AU expecting to be changed. But I was. I am. I thought I was just bringing my sister there - that Hillsong would be awesome to go to and I would get over some things... but I didn't expect this.

I'm awake. It feels so good! I worked out with a girlfriend the other night - as I was sharing with her about AU - she said, "it's so good to have SUZY back!"

I'm so thankful that God put the dream in Krista's heart for adventure - to go to AU to live on her own - to be taken out of her comfort zone and truly LIVE life instead of just wishing she could. He's brought her there and is doing an amazing work in her life... AND I got to follow her there. Little did I know...

These are some of the things I learned:

I was asleep.
I have been settling.
I'm SO LOVED.
God cares enough about me to "orchestrate" things that bring me closer to him.
We can have an Authentic, Contagious Love for God.
When we open the door to the Lord in our lives - he walks in. And it is GOOD!
God works ALL THINGS together for my good... no matter the circumstance.
I WON'T struggle with depression the rest of my life.
God is writing a NEW SONG over my life.

I can sing that song daily. It will change daily.
I CAN put my best foot forward - to invest my best in my life.
He loves me. And that is enough.
I am enough for him. Right where I'm at.
I love my family and am SO thankful for them.
I have awesome Friends and wouldn't be the same with out each of them.
Stepping out of our comfort zone is an amazing thing!
LOVE PEOPLE - no matter how long or short they are in your life
(hostel roommies and friends)
"Fully Living" is good.
Faith - Hope and Justice are amazing things that we should pursue.
The Hillsong Church is amazing. To Generalize - the people that we saw and have built relatinosips with have got an authentic, life changing, fruit bearing Love for God. NO ONE is perfect. No Church is perfect - but they are doing something RIGHT and I want a piece of it.

I feel blessed to have been able to go to the land Down Unda. I don't believe my time there is done. I believe I'll be back. I LOVE IT!

No comments: