Friday, March 13, 2009

speachless for about 8 minutes

Me? Yah. Seriously. I had NO CLUE what to say. In an amazing way.

I had dinner last night at Perkins - with one of my dearest friends. We almost didn't go - because of my lack of sleep due to jet lag. I heard the disappointment in her voice - and also was encourage by a friend to go ... so I drove to her house.

SO GLAD THAT I DID.

We started to catch up. I was sharing how my life has been changed in the last few weeks. I mean genuinely changed. It's awesome! I LOVE IT! Then it was her turn. We were going back and forth about what was going on in our lives. She said "Psalms 40" has been amazing chapter in my life." I was like, "No - no - Psalms 40?" That has been the chapter that was 'my chapter' for AU." I was freaking out (in a good way) "spinning out" (in an AU way)... We both started tearing up. And went into detail about what that Chapter has meant to both of us.

It seems that our lives parallel each other in ways that we don't even know... (until we get together) - which we need to do more. How amazing that God has given us each other to be a reflection - to be a mirror. We are so alike that we can see things in the other person - that we wouldn't learn about ourselves - with out the other as a reflection!! You know how they say you have a twin out there somewhere... she's mine! Just separated at birth... by a few years... and um a few states!

I am so thankful for the friendships in my life right now! I've got some of the best friends in the world! I couldn't be more blessed! Each of them bringing something new and different and unique to the table that I NEED. I love it! Life is so colorful!

So here are the verses that caused my speechlessness... because "God is doing a work in me". He cares enough about us EACH to set up people in our lives at specific times for specific reasons to bring specific things out in us. We usually don't realize them until we are "in it" - but when we "fully live" and walk with him - it seems we're more aware of His "orchestration". Man he's GOOD!

Psalms 40:1-4
(Life Application for Students Bible) - going old school my Jr High Bible

"I waited PATIENTLY for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path, and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things he did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in Him. Many blessings are given to those who trust in the Lord and have no confidence in those who are proud or who trust in idols."

SO good to chew on these words...

"I am writing a NEW SONG over your life"

No comments: