Friday, April 10, 2009

Precious Moments

Most of the time getting together with "old friends" you feel like no time has past - since the last time you were together.

AND THEN you see their kids and realize how much they've grown and that it's been MONTHS. I had a great time with a dear friend and her family. Her son is almost 2 and daughter is now 6 months. It's crazy to think that in their short lives I've only seen them a handful of times. I'm not "Auntie Suzy" because they don't really KNOW me...

But then there are the Precious Moments.

Holding the baby while she cries. Playing with her. Smiles exchanged.

Playing Peek-A-Boo from across the room. Having him come over with open arms to be picked up and held. Getting a BIG WET KISS on the lips. Love it!

My heart MELTED! Her son walked all the way across the room for ME to hold him! I was overwhelmed by how much I love this little boy! I haven't SEEN him as often as I'd like (but that's life of living in different states) - BUT the time that I do have with him is so precious to me! Those moments I'll remember and hold in my heart.

PART 2:

I was at our Good Friday service. The title of the message was "REMEMBER" at the end of the service we took communion and had time of personal prayer and worship.

I was praying, "Lord, you are so Precious. Thank you for all you've done! You're so Precious" The word Precious kept on coming out. It reminded me of that precious time that I had with my little man the night before. The JOY that it brought me when he came to me - he spread out his arms and just snuggled in. Man it moved me! The memory played over in my head - and I had the thought, "THESE are my precious moments with you! This right here. YOU move MY heart! I love when you come to me - and want me to hold you, take care of you, love you, provide for you, comfort you. These are MY precious moments with you!!"

It was so sweet to experience something so real in the love and concern for a child. One of my dearest friend's kids. There is a connection there - because of that love and friendship... AND that's how God feels about all of us! When we just walk across the room to him (metaforically or realistically). He's there waiting to scoop us up and hold us!

I'm so glad there are 2 parts to this! I was going to post this last Thursday - but it didn't feel complete. Now it is!

I hope you get to experience those "Precious Moments" with your loved ones - and that you experience them with God!

No comments: