Monday, June 15, 2009

Imagine Me

I've listened to this song many times on days when I didn't know that I needed to be "built up" - but after hearing it felt so encouraged. It's an amazing song by Kirk Franklin... I believe you can watch it on youtube. Some of the verses struck a chord with me. Hope that they do the same for you!


Imagine me
Loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I
I imagine me
In a place of no insecurities
And I'm finally happy cause
I imagine me

Letting go of all of the ones who hurt me
Cause they never did deserve me

Can you imagine me?
Saying no to thoughts that try to control me
Remembering all you told me
Lord, can you imagine me?
Over what my mama said
And healed from what my daddy did
And I wanna live and not read that page again

Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally finally I can...
Imagine me

I admit it was hard to see
You being in love with someone like me
But finally I can...
Imagine me

Being strong
And not letting people break me down
You won't get that joy this time around
Can you imagine me?
In a world where nobody has to live afraid
Because of your love all fear is gone away
Can you imagine me?

Letting go of my past
And glad I have another chance

And my heart will dance
'Cause I don't have to read that page again

Gone, gone, it's gone, all gone - the storm is over now.

2 comments:

Traci said...

...mmmm. Good. Good. =)

Yes. I read it. Don't have a heart attack.

Unknown said...

Hey, just wanted to leave you a little note! I enjoy your blogs so much. They are a blessing to read, and encouraging. Did you know you've been given an award?
http://mwells4ever.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-honest-scrap.html