Friday, June 5, 2009

Timing

background: if you don't know me - I am a queen of procrastination - AND am working at giving up that crown. I don't have my taxes done yet. That may make some gasp (or most). I had gone through all of my paper work with help from my roommate a few months ago (before they were due)... We put everything that had to do with taxes in a box (along with my passport...)

I have a storage closet that was PACKED with boxes and stuff that I just haven't unpacked and have let accumulate (I've lived here for 9 months now so I SHOULD be all unpacked - but I'm also a bit of a pack rat and a "stuffer")... as I write this I'm not sure if I want all of this info out there - but it's ME (for now)

You can't change anything until you see it for what it is. And I think background may be important for this story.

I've been SEARCHING for my tax information since a few weeks after we separated it all (it got mixed in with the other 13 boxes in the closet.) I couldn't find the info and began to have a sinking feeling "WHAT IF it got mixed in with the boxes that I threw away?"

I was on the phone with my sister - we were talking about things in our lives where we need to trust God with our next steps. I told her that I was beginning to worry about my taxes and passport. I told her that "I KNOW that they are in the same box - because I NEEDED to do something with each." We got off the phone and said that we would be praying for each other... LITERALLY within 2 MINUTES... I kid you NOT I found the box with my tax information AND my passport in it!!

WHEW! It was the LAST box in my storage closet! I had looked at it probably about 25 times - but saw empty journals on the top - so thought that I had already gone through it.

That's REALLY beside the point. (I know I get a little wordy). The point is: There's no reason that I should have found it that day - that moment - and not earlier... except that it was edifying and encouraging to both my sister and I. We both needed a reminder that we CAN trust him! With EVERY detail of our lives.

I had to laugh for a little while at the timing...

It was perfect for both of us!

No comments: