Saturday, November 21, 2009

TAKEN

My sister and I had no clue what we were getting into when we rented this movie a few months back. This movie rocked my world! I saw it on sale this week and HAD to own it... to remind me of a few things.

The biggest thing that struck me from watching this movie {it literally STRUCK me like someone hitting me over the head with a 2x4} is God's love for us and His pursuit of our hearts, our lives.

I've known His pursuit so many times through out life. He'll stop at nothing until I'm safe in His love and protection. He will take down anything out to harm me. He thinks of me as his little girl. He loves me!

Watching this movie and hearing about the Human Sex Trafficking - going on RIGHT NOW has changed me. It moves me. I'm so pissed off ... a righteous anger. One that NEEDS to move me to action! As I write - my heart is beating out of my chest with such an ache... for what is going on right now. Human Trafficking is at the largest numbers NOW in all of history. Most people just don't know about it - or forget about it - or feel like we can't do much.

Knowledge is the START to any change!

Here are 2 sites that I've visited if you'd like to know more about Human Trafficking:

www.thea21campaign.org
www.ijm.org

OH - and rent - or buy {TAKEN} I hope it rocks your world like it did mine!

We CAN make a difference - we have to start somewhere! Stand up for injustice - whatever that looks like in YOUR world!

No comments: