Sunday, November 1, 2009

{call me old fashioned}

the DATING GAME has changed.

{I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies} - quote from He's Just Not That Into You.


we have the world at our fingertips. SO MANY ways to communicate - but in that, have we lost {TRUE} communication?

Interpersonal. Face to Face.

OR where there isn't the interpersonal communication or desire for it - does that just mean that He or She is JustNotThatIntoYou
?

SO.. if you're into someone:

a text does not = a conversation.
an email or FB message does not = quality time.
FB stalking does not mean that you know someone.

these things are all nice. but shouldn't replace honest forms of getting to know people.

I've had so many conversations with my girlfriends about how much the dating game has changed. My married friends just giggle at the conversation and say, "I'm SO GLAD I don't have to deal with that" {HAHA thank you so much!} and my single gf's role their eyes because we're going through the same thing... frustrating.

If you've read the book or have seen the movie {He's Just Not That Into You} it's a great book to read both Male/Female if you're single. Girls it's an honest look at if a guy isn't into you - he'll do certain things - so don't waste your time - unless you choose to. Guys - it's an honest look at what you're doing and what you mean by what you do - so girls know not to waste their time on you.

When a guy is into a girl - he WILL pursue her. There is nothing that will hold him back from pursuing her. So many guys have said this. I agree! I've seen it. I've known it.


With the {game changing} does that mean that the pursuit changes?

no. No. BIG FAT. NO. It takes a lot to put yourself out there - but when you're into someone you just do it.

Call us old fashioned but the proof of the desire is in the pursuit. The things we really want in life we go after and we make happen.


So

IF you're into someone.

A text. Emailing. FB messaging. IMing.
all Great.

but do not = pursuit.


*If that's the only form of communication you have because of extenuating circumstances... that changes the game too*

No comments: