Wednesday, November 25, 2009

will you sit with me

{IN MY MESS}

when something {fun} is going on it's easy to join each other.

But what about in the mess of life? What about in hurt. pain. sorrow. What about in depression. exhaustion. sickness. What about in the times when I don't have anything to give back? In the times when I'm so worn out I can't communicate it? It's just seen by the reality in life. My room is a mess, laundry is not done, dishes piled up.


I'm writing this about myself - yes - but also for all of us. To be ABLE to ask our loved ones "Will you sit with me in my mess?" When life is not perfect. When I don't want to smile. When I'm having a rough time. Will you BE HERE with me physically?

I've realized that I do just about everything better with someone by my side. In the room. We don't even have to be talking or doing anything ... just in the same space. SO this means that I tend to neglect the things that I NEED to do for myself - to take care of myself - because I'd rather be with people.

I was blown away talking to my bro... at his willingness to join me in my mess.... he suggested {because we're states away from each other} to both be on SKYPE and just have it on... we wouldn't even have to talk - we can when we want to - but it'll be our equivalent to being in the same room. Just hanging out. Being there. Sitting in each others' mess!

I thought, "Suzy - just be a grown up and deal with stuff on your own. BUCK UP" but then I thought, "WHY?" We were designed to need community. We grow so much through letting people see the vulnerable and the mess. Why put on a mask of perfection. When life is not perfect? It's not meant to be perfect!

So... I'm getting through my mess - if you'd like to join me in it. You're more than welcome... OR invite people to sit with you in your mess.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I will sit with you in your mess if you sit with me in mine! :) Love you dear!

Suz said...

There with you! Love you!!