Monday, April 19, 2010

running etiquette

I am new to this {running} thing.

i can say {not proudly} in my 28 years of life i do not believe i have ever gone on a run by myself. 

Today was the day.  I decided to run. 
I woke up this morning... wanting to go for a run.
my {run} started off at 
2 mins of walking. 2 mins of running.
2 mins of walking. 2 mins of running. 

Here are my questions about running etiquette... 
There are bikers, walkers, roller bladers, dog walkers and runners on the path

1. do you have to say hello or smile everytime someone laps you 
{yes... I was lapped MANY times} 
only by the people who had wheels though - so I guess that's a good start.

2. if someone comments on what a beautiful day it is - do you have to {comment} back? 
or can you just agree and smile?

3. how about if an old man laughs and says, "so you took the short cut around?"  
what is the best way to respond?  
I don't know the short cut path or the long way around
I'm just running on the path in front of me... 
is what I wanted to say - but I just kept going.  {it didn't feel short to me}

so after a half an hour of running {walk/running} 

I've decided... I'm going again. 
It was exhilarating.  

and my legs are going to pay tomorrow.  
but in the long run I think I may even start to like it...?
not making any promises - we will see :0)

4 comments:

Marzel said...

Don't worry babe! I will help you out with the etiquette of running:-)

I am so proud of you and will be here if you ever want me to tag along!

Ali said...

Running is my new love....well since last summer....you will learn to love it!

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter what running etiquitte says, Suzy etiquitte says smile at EVERYONE and make their day. If you ever choose to go biking, invite me with!

Suz said...

I would LOVE to go biking... but would need a bike first. If you know of anyone who would like to donate - I'd LOVE to go for a ride! I'm excited to update the blog with running/biking/active stories... there will be some to come! I'm sure I'll LEARN to love it! :) I'm excited to get to that point. Thanks for the love guys!!