Sunday, April 25, 2010

stars in trees

I am so thankful that everyone doesn't think like I do. 
I am thankful that there are 
people who can hold on to facts and figures. 
people that are great with details - and remembering them.
people that are good with little known facts... like this one.

Did you know that there are STARS in trees?


A great friend of mine showed me this the other day.
She had no clue what this little stick would mean to me.
The thoughts that it would inspire.

It may seem elementary - but I love it.  
It is still in my purse. 

It's a reminder to look for little details in life. 
Special details. Also to take time to enjoy them.

Who knew that if you break off a cotton tree branch that you would find a star?
More importantly than that
who knew the exact location in the cotton branch 
that you have to break it to find the star?
 

{It makes me think of my life}
There are places that we I been broken. 
Sometimes it felt like it was the wrong place.

But now it has turned into something beautiful.

I think I'll keep this star.
I had no clue that there were stars in trees. 

What details can you enjoy more today?
My friend challenges me to do this {just by being herself} 
I just wanted to pass it along


1 comment:

Unknown said...

:) I love seeing God in the details of creation and I'm glad to have shared this with you Suz!