Thursday, May 6, 2010

a bit hurt

but mostly because of MY expectation.
how much of the pain in our life is because of our expectations?

Many times we are hurt because we want people to be like us. 
{we may not say that but if we truly look to the core I believe it's true}
We want the people close to love like us. to give like us. to feel like us. to live like us.

But - no one else is like us. 
We have similarities and things that tie us together as friends, family, and SOs.
There is not ONE PERSON exactly like me. 
There is not ONE PERSON exactly like you.  

It is so elementary - but at the age of 28 I'm just figuring out that most of MY hurt feelings come because I expect someone to KNOW me and give how I want them to give.  

Knowing that, I'll let go of my expectations.  

Not lower them - let go of them.  

The things that are important to me - will continue to be important to me - but expecting others to place the same value on them- I'll make the choice to give that up.  

instead I'll SEE people in my life for who THEY are and ask what is important to them.

It's amazing what can be learned on the other side of hurt feelings in friendship.

No comments: