Thursday, May 6, 2010

making a list

I got an invite this morning. {for a fiesta date night}
it made my day.  no maybe week. 

one of the most precious things to me is a PLAN or a surprise. 
it shows me that they care because there is thought behind it. 

i DON'T LIKE to plan.  
i may seem like a planner to some. 
if no one else plans something i will. 
i don't like making decisions 
and at EVERY chance I'll get - 
I'll NOT CHOOSE.

This got me thinking about relationships. 

{disclaimer}
I am NO EXPERT in relationship and will never claim to be. 
I have had more failed relationships than successful ones.

BUT I am WORKING ON knowing myself and communicating to have a successful relationship and want to share things that I learn along the way
with that out of the way.
 
I had a thought this morning.  
sparked by a conversation last night. 
Men and Women DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER. 
if we're honest with ourselves - we have NO CLUE when it comes to the opposite sex. 

SO...

why not make a list?

a list of the things you LOVE. the things that make your heart melt.
{for men} a list of things that make you comfortable and make your heart race.

Take 5 or ten minutes and use it as a cheat sheet. 
Let each other know that this is what it is... make it laughable and fun.

{also}
for my married friends.
don't forget to DATE your spouse.

{I'm dating right now - Not racing for the next stage because I want to LIVE where we're at loving this time together. Then when we are in the next stage of life it will be a sweet memory and I'll be reminded of why we chose each other because we LIVED it.} I think this is true in all stages of life.  LOVE where you're at - because you'll never be there again!

remember WHY you wanted to spend the rest of your lives with each other.  
even if your life doesn't look how you thought it would {it never does}
cherish your dating memories and do the same things now that you did then.

have {COUCH TIME} 
where you are shoulder to shoulder or face to face.  
TV OFF
talking. holding hands or cuddling.
TALK.  seriously. put the kids to bed early and ENJOY each other.

Coming from a single girl - learning from my Married Friends.  
I hope to be a mirror of encouragement to remember what got you here...

SO... have fun and make a list

with all my love.S





No comments: