Monday, May 3, 2010

let love and faithfulness never leave you

I am a dramatic person.

I tend to use words like {always. never. only} etc. 
Reading this today struck me.

let Love and Faithfulness NEVER leave you {prov.3:3}

What does it mean to have them NEVER leave you?
In ALL that I do - am I showing love?  Am I being faithful?
In my words.  my thoughts.  my actions.

It is easy for me to love.  I LOVE love.  I see it in most things. 
It kind of {oozes} out of me.
But to NEVER let it leave me.

And faithfulness.
Faithfulness is something that is harder for me to do naturally. 
Though I would say I am a very Faithful person.
To never let it leave me is a different story.

I find I'm faithful to the things that I want to be. 
It's the things that are hard... that I struggle with
{as I write this I think "duh" of course it's the things that are hard that I struggle with}

but I think, that, may be the {a} point of NEVER letting it leave you. 
When there are things in me that I don't WANT to be faithful to.
Commitments that I make to myself - things that I can just let slide.

That is where I will know what I'm made of. 
Do I keep those commitments? 
Am I faithful and loving in the little things?

I will strive to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! For me, when I read this verse, I look back to 1 Cor 13, what is love? And do I portray those characteristics of love? Never boasting, never prideful, bearing all things? I've been married for over 11 years now, and I can't say that I have loved my husband like that "all" the time. When we argue, I want to be right. And when I'm right, I make sure he knows it. And there are certainly times when I don't want to bear with him, I want him to get right and right now! But I praise God that He faithfully reminds me that I need to change those things, and He works in me to change them. He shows me how He is faithful, and how He loves, and it makes me want to be more like Him!
Thank you so much for sharing this! I pray that God will work in you, too!

Unknown said...

Hey Suzy

I want to give you something. Because I have been blessed by your blog, I am giving you an award. Come by my blog to check it out!