Monday, January 17, 2011

when {comfort} is gone

I had a great conversation today that has sparked this blog.

I know I haven't been here in a while and it may be time to start blogging again...  I'm not sure why I've gone through such a dry spot in writing... but I MAY be back.  I am excited to write my thoughts {erase them} and then write them again... Again.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A letter to a best friend.

Dear Friend.

{Many times we can see REALITY only when COMFORT is gone}.

Our natural tendency is to go toward the things that make us feel good rather than acknowledge where we are truly at.  When there is brokeness in a relationship it is often times not felt until the break occurs and then we want to do everything to keep it together.

Discomfort is not a bad thing to feel.  It is something that is necessary, so we can view reality.  It allows us to take emotion out of a situation and see ourselves - see our loved ones for who they really are.  See a relationship for what it is.  The good. The bad.  The Ugly. The Beautiful.  We can see it for what it is.


{I wrote this on September 23rd - two days before the Hemiplegic Migraine and Small Stroke}  it's crazy to read it.  To see what I was thinking then.  What was to come.  And what is now.

Comfort was definitely gone.  I see life for what it is.  An AMAZING gift!

No comments: