Sunday, September 20, 2009

Girlfriends' Night @ SCC

Tonight was an awesome night at church with the girls of Southbridge. There is something about when women come together that is so beautiful.

The bond between girlfriends is unknown by any other relationship!

Most "besties" can know how you're doing at hello.
With our EYES we can tell stories (that we don't want anyone else to know.)
We have full conversations only using a few key words and "get it" when no one else around us knows what the heck we're talking about.
(though most of the time we choose to use many more words than necessary)!

Our hearts go out to each other because we're traveling the same road.
(some are just a bit further along)


We know insecurity. We know laughter. We know the struggle for acceptance and love. We know freedom. We know the longing for meaningful relationships. We know heartbreak. We know joy. We know support. We know what it's like to wake up in the morning and HATE THE WORLD for no other reason than our monthly friend came to visit. We know what it's like to want to feel beautiful.

Women are amazing. Even more so when we come together. For each other. We are built up strengthened by relationships with each other. We are a lifeline. I don't know where I would be with out my girlfriends!!

It is exhilarating to be a part of God's love being lived out in each others' lives.

Thank you for everyone who put our Girlfriends' Night together!
Tonight was beautiful. I can't wait for our future times together. and to be involved. The best is yet to come!

Here is a song we sang tonight. I LOVE the words. The song describes something that I've felt - but would never have been able to have described. It's about HIS LOVE for us! The first time I heard it in church all I could do was read the words. It is SO GOOD.

He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory

and I realize just how beautiful You are and
how great your affections are for me
.

Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.

Yeah, He loves us
Whoa, how He loves us
Whoa, how He loves us
Whoa, how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and
my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

He loves us,
whoa, how He loves us
whoa, how He loves us
Whoa, how He loves

Yeah, He loves us
Whoa, how He loves us
Whoa, how He loves us
Whoa, how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us
He loves us
He loves us
He loves.

HIS LOVE covers everything! Thinking about His love - I won't live in regret. He loves me. I'm unaware of the afflictions around me... because of His grace. What an awesome place to live. He loves me. Thinking of the greatest love I've ever know... His affections for me are MORE! He loves me. I'm DRAWN to redemption by His grace.

The pictures the words of this song paint are of a love so dramatic and overwhelming. I can't know how long, wide or deep His love is for me. But this song gives me a taste.

No comments: