Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reality.

"if we don't REALLY see where we're at... How can we get to where we want to be?"

This thought has been haunting me lately. In a good way. I've wondered How many people I know are doing SOMETHING that they're passionate about? Not even necessarily as a career - but just in life.

I have friends who want to be writers - are they writing now. I have friends who are musicians and would love to have an album - are they recording now. I have friends who want to travel the world - are they taking care of their stuff at home right now. I have friends who want to continue their education - are they applying to schools right now. I have friends who want to start their own business - are they researching and developing right now. I have friends who want to be stay at home moms and wives - are they married now... (haha)

really.

The things that we do in our everyday life determine what our future will be. We can't choose the same thing EVERYDAY and expect to get a different result than where we're at RIGHT NOW.

It's interesting how many people I've talked to lately... who are not really LIVING in reality. Caught between what we want and what life actually is. (whether this is caused through personal choices or choices made by other people that effect us). We can't choose what happens to in life... but we CAN choose what direction we go.

I'd love to encourage people to truly SEE the areas in life that are not how you want them to be - and PURSUE what you want. Pursue your dreams. The "things" that are in you (only YOU) to do.

The things that you want for your future. are you investing in and pursuing NOW?

2 comments:

Sari said...

Your post was super inspiring :)

Suz said...

Thank you!! :O)