Saturday, October 3, 2009

music.

I wonder if everyone is moved as deeply as I am by music.

a friend of mine and I were driving down the road the other day - listening to the same station. We both got out of the car and were pretty much wiping the tears from our eyes. We both are pretty emotional and easily moved. many times I'm not "thankful" for this trait - it can get old... but today I loved it. I heard a song and was moved to tears. My world was paused because of the words sung. The instruments played. The arrangements made.

Music has a power that is beautiful.

I'm not a song writer - but at times wish I was. I'm not a musician either - but if I could play I don't know if I would want to do anything else.

I'm enamored with people who can put life to music. People who are able to feel deep enough to capture it and communicate it to the masses. Man it's good.

1 comment:

Nathan Hurst said...

learn an instrument ...