Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Intentions

ironic.

I was getting ready this morning. Thinking. "What was I meaning to Blog about yesterday...?"

I started going through a list of things that may jog my memory and eventually came to, "I think I was thinking of the things that I mean to do... um... {light bulb noise} OH YAH... having Good Intentions and where it leads you!" Whew so thankful for a memory that still for the most part works. I had to laugh because I had every INTENTION of writing down a few thoughts on Good Intentions.


so here I am with a head full of THOUGHTS about Good Intentions. Trying to live my life Intentionally. But isn't that the thing?? Don't you either LIVE your life INTENTIONALLY or not? Because if you're not - you're just living with Good Intentions. You're either one or the other...

I've always used the word TRY. But I feel a change in me. I either do something and accomplish it or I don't. There's nothing wrong with black and white. I think that generally speaking we like to {TRY} because we don't like to fail. We can't handle failure. Or maybe we just don't WANT to handle it. We don't want to acknowledge that we CAN fail. That failure is actually a good thing. It brings you closer to accomplishment.

What is wrong in a day with saying - "I failed my to-do list" instead of "I tried to everything and couldn't" or what about making our TO-DO lists doable. Bite sized pieces ... not chomping down on more than we can chew... so we DON'T fail.

I don't want to live in the land of Good Intentions anymore. {taking that thought further... I WON'T live in the land of Good Intentions anymore} It gets me no where. It brings me to a place that I don't like. I let people down. Instead of building relationships I slowly build a wall up where people will learn they can't depend on me "I MEANT to do that... is not good enough anymore"

It's time for me to LIVE INTENTIONALLY... seeing what I can and can't do. Pushing myself to do more than I thought I could ... but not taking on more than I actually CAN.


where are you sitting with intentions?

1 comment:

Marzel said...

This is a great blog Suz! And I think helps put into perspective what is important. I especially like the part about failure. While I hate nothing more than failing at anything, I feel like they are great learning tools of how to get better and be more prepared in the future.