Friday, August 12, 2011

blessed by the unexpected.

I came home from {Zumba} today and my dear friend told me she had a book for me to read.

It is called, "The Bride" by Rhonda Calhoun.  It is "an allegory based on the Song of Solomon" - our walk with God is a lifetime of intimacy that leads to active partnership.

She read me this portion of the book.  It is on page 219 - she opened the book and noticed this portion of the page because the font is different from the rest of the page.

"Lovely Lady, {at the first words... lovely lady I was crying}
     Your Bridegroom King is committed to you.  He understands that your dedication to Him must be absed on the strength of His commitment to you, not on the strength of your love for Him or your ability to do what is right.  There is nothing you can do to cause your Beloved to love you any more than He already does.  Neither can you do anything to further attract His attention, for you have already conquered His heart and His thoughts are continually on you.
     Your King neither sleeps nor slumbers.  He intercedes for you day and night. He will see you through! He is enough.  You cannot save yourself.
     Lovely Lady, I, too must step behind the scenes for a season, but remember that I am always with you.  It is for the sake of love that We allow this fiery test.  And remember that love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.  Love never fails!  

Forever Your Friend and Companion, 
Comforter"  

{the majority of my life I've had a problem believing this 
but these words come at an amazingly poinient time!}

The tears didn't stop as she was reading...  Knowing how much God cares about each of us.  We can't do anything to add to His love or take away from it.

THEN... she kind of giggled a bit knowing what was waiting for me on the sidewalk leading to my front door she said, "just wait till you see..."  So I walked up to my front door and saw this...


she wrote this before giving me the book - or even looking at the passage. 

I love when the unexpected things speak directly to where you're at.
And when God uses people to surprise us!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FRIEND!

No comments: