Friday, August 26, 2011

how small is a mustard seed?

this morning I got a message to pray for my friends dad.

he has been in the hospital for almost 4 months.

there is an ethics comity that are trying to get them to pull the plug and were meeting at 12:00pm

My first thought was, "I can't pray right now - I don't know if I have the faith that is needed for him.  I'm tried and worn out... how can I PRAY?"

then I was reminded - "Faith as small as a mustard seed moves mountains"

"I have at least that much faith.  I know I do!!"

I got off of work at Noon so instead of just driving home and praying for him.  I decided to call my friend - so that she could HEAR my prayers. 

It was amazing how my faith multiplied as we prayed together.  It weld up inside of me like a fire.  There was authority in the prayer.  There was a belief and excitement - knowing that God IS TRUE TO HIS WORD.  That He works ALL THINGS together for our good and His glory.  

The news that came back from the ethics meeting was great!  He sat up in the bed and shook his head to the question - do you want the ventilator taken out... that would mean you will no longer live...

he is in a lot of pain.  but has said that he doesn't want to be on pain meds because they are addicting ... he only wants Tylenol.  He is an amazing fighter.  Fighting for His life. 

I remember being in a hospital bed.  Not fully knowing what was going on.  But I could feel peoples' prayers, love and support.  Knowing that the people that I love were fighting for me when I couldn't fight made all of the difference in the world! 

I am here today I believe because of them.  It was not my time to go.  And we all are believing that it is NOT my friend's dad's time to go!!  We'll fight for him - when he can't fight.  And when he can we'll support and love him!! 

Sending prayers.  With faith bigger than I mustard seed. 

1 comment: