Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Pair of Shoes

after I was hospitalized last year and my life was changed
my shoe shopping had to change also.
I could no longer wear heals.

I LIVED in heals.
I ran in heals.
Wearing heals made me feel important and HOT.
Wearing heals could change a whole outfit and my mood.

That was taken away from me... because of the illness.
they caused migraines.
So OF COURSE I would choose health over "looking good" and wearing something that kind of "defined me" 

One of my nick names was "Suzy Shoes"  because all I wore was heals.

I share this - because it was a HARD CHANGE.
I still crave wearing my heals.
I think of what my outfit would look like in heals.
I'm SHORT... so I think of the height that I would have in them.

But I don't get to choose if I wear them now.
Actually I do.  I am choosing health and wellness
not my appearance.

It has taken me a while - but I like my new pair of shoes.
I am beginning to like flats.  It's a good thing they're in style now!

It was hard to get used to flats.
It is not what I wanted.
I fought it and seriously {sadly} cried about it a little bit
{that's how I handle things tears just come}

But now... I'm ok
Change is hard.  Especially when it's not what you want.

But I choose health and pursuing what is best
over what I want. 

Maybe someday I'll be able to wear heals again -
they just won't have the same place in my life. 
I'll wear them in a healthy way.
Not all the time... and they won't define me.

Change isn't a horrible thing.
It just takes some time to break in the new shoes.

{I think I will always prefer Heals... if I had a choice}

No comments: