Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 1: of {30 till I'm 30}

i LOVE surprises. 
I don't know if I can explain to you how much i LOVE surprises. 

I have got the most amazing sister in the world.
she knows me inside and out.
she knows what I value and love.
she is my best friend.
I love that each year that goes by we grow closer and stronger.
I admire her.
I respect her.
I look up to her.
She is amazing.  not only for what she does
but more importantly who she is.

What she has done is pretty stinking ridiculous {I use that word quite a bit for great things - that need a bit more emphasis}

I'm turning 30 on October 25th {1 month from today}
most people freak out when they turn 30
but I am excited.
One year ago TODAY
I got sick.  Really sick.
{hemiplegic migraine that led to a small stroke}
I was in the hospital for 7 days
with no memory or ability to function on my own
and took about 8 months to be FULLY FUNCTIONING

this is something that I have been {HELD} in.
I have never been alone and am reminded that I'm not alone.

I am a very emotional person
and wondered how I would handle this day.
She has gone out of her way to contact the people that are dear to me...
I'm going to be showered for the next 29 days with love and LIFE.
I know "something" is happening and she has cleared my schedule
for just about everyday - but I don't know WHAT is happening
{isn't she ridiculous!?!}

This means more to me than anything I've experienced. 
she doesn't pursue "planning things" but when she does it
they turn out in the best way - because it's done with all of her.
she puts everything into the things she does.

Thank you Sis - for everything!
For loving me and doing all of this.

Here is a little piece of my 1st day {of 30 till 30}

MY DAD.
was the first surprise.
we came home from watching the Vikes and there was this on the kitchen table


My favorite flowers!  :)
An amazing note
WOOL SOCKS - I am always cold

His note made me laugh and cry
{all in a good way}

"Suzy, 

Our family has been truly blessed by having you as an integral part of it.  Thank you for being the person that you are. 

When I held you for the first time, I'm pretty sure that if you could have winked at me, you would have.  I do remember that you had a sparkle in your eyes and a smile.  That's a really nice way to greet your new Father!  I believe that the best days of your life are ahead of you. God has many great and tremendous promises that He desires to fulfill in your life! Only you can know what God wants to do with you each day.  He only promises manna for each day.  That means you need to depend on Him each day.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow you all of the days of your life!"

Love from one of your biggest fans. 
Dad"

thank you Dad.
thank you Sis.
Love you with all of me and I'm excited to be surprised.

I've learned that I do like any surprise.
whether it's good or bad
{I'd definitely prefer good ones...}
but when we come to the things we don't expect in life 
we learn what we're made of.

No comments: