Saturday, September 24, 2011

dreams. desires.

are a funny thing.

they change. and grow.
they can shrink. and come back.

I've heard the verse,
"God will give you the desires of your heart."
to try to console me in situations in life.

good intentions. good words.
amazing promise.

God IS giving me the desires of my heart.
it is not what people are assuming it is.

I usually get through things and understand them with pictures.

I have a picture in my head of a Gallon of water.
there is a teaspoon of food coloring that is dropped into the container.
the water is colored.  it's not CLEAR.
but as it moves through the water it becomes more transparent.
people naturally want to see and pay attention to the color that is fading

the teaspoon of food coloring with out the water seems bold.
but as it's poured into the water it changes.

I am more concerned about the water than the food coloring.

the gallon of water is my life. 
my whole life.
the joy.
the dreams.
rekindled love.
knowing that my future is already planned.
it is my choice to pursue it.
to move.
to know my deep desires.

My desires are to:
Love the Lord with all of my heart. 
My mind. 
My soul. 
In all of my ways acknowledge him. 


My desires are not attached to a person.
they are not attached to a title.
they are not attached to a life style.


They ARE attached to Him.
it's funny how desires change.
God has given me the desire of my heart. 
Him.


I am excited for the dreams that were planted MANY years ago have been rekindled and will be fulfilled.  {with no due date attached.}

No comments: