Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 5: of {30 till I'm 30}

I have had AMAZING times with people that I love in the last few days.

Today I received a surprise message on FB from a great friend as a part of the {30 till I'm 30}.  Totally made my day.

It's a funny thing to go through... not knowing what your day is going to hold - just knowing that some days - there is an assigned time and place that I'm supposed to be "somewhere" {I don't get to find out WHERE until that day of... I know TIMES for the things that are planned - but no details} and the other days I have no clue what's going to happen, but "something is planned."  

so every day won't be filled with someone IN PERSON... but I want to write about it anyway because people have told me that they are following this {HOW FUN} so I'm going to take those days  to write about things that I WILL DO when I'm 30.  I won't just try to do them, but I will DO them.

Here is one thing I WILL DO while I'm 30 {not 31+ 30}.

I am going to write a book.  
It has been pacing around in my head ever since I could acknowledge and understand my thoughts after the illness. 

I think about it everyday.

It is like those TVs or programs where you have one show that takes us most of the screen - but if you want to watch something else you just click a little button and another show appears in a corner of the screen so you can go back and forth between the two.

That's one of the ways that I can describe this.
It's in me all of the time - I just have to get it out.
So where do I start??
I just START.  and then if it's supposed to be published - it will be.
If it's just for me and the people I love - it will be.
I just need to get it out.

So here is a little glimpse!

These are some thoughts for chapters... I'm sure they will take different forms as I write them... but they are the main things that I tell people about - when I tell them about the last year and being {held}.



Where I keep my thoughts and growth.
It's amazing to read back and see how much has happened and the growth in the last year more even in the last few months.

{I'm EXCITED for 30}


I had to get a picture of myself with my thoughts.
To remind me:
To take time and invest in myself.
To pass on - the things that I'm learning.
To dream BIG!

That's my "surprise" today... it's ME. 
{and I think something else... not in person but I don't know yet - because it's a surprise}





Here are some thoughts from my journal ... 

don't ask "if" a dream can start
ask "how" it will start... then MOVE.
{Chris Caine}

Don't wish things were easier - wish you were better!
If things were made easier you would have too much competition for what YOU are meant to do

When something doesn't look like it's going to happen
Remember, looks can be deceiving!

When there is a mountain in front of you
If you don't climb it - there are no back up plans
You'll be there, stuck.
Instead of building muscle and strength by climbing
{Pastor Steve Crawford}


What your past says about you doesn't need to echo into the future {or today}
{Chris Caine}

I can "go with out" for today
because I know I will be "FULL" tomorrow!
{context - great things are worth the wait - no matter what the dream is}
{me}


Embrace the pain to change.
There is no easy way, but to FEEL it.
{Pastor Rob Ketterling}


Feel what you feel when you're feeling it.
{Krista}
It will make the long journey shorter!
{me}


There is MORE in you than you're doing right now. 
Find it!


{Matt 16}
"Who do you say I am?"
now that you have a revelation of who I AM
let me tell you who you are!
Redefined. Renamed.


If you want to change your perspective - you've got to change your posture
{Chris Caine}

Hope is not wishful thinking!
{Pastor Rob Ketterling} 

God's response to a nightmare is a dream!
{Lisa Bevere}

When someone compliments you
respond,
"I know ;) Thank You!"
this shows a confidence that we ARE fearfully and wonderfully made!
No matter where we are at in life.
I know that I'm wonderful
{this is a new concept for me... but I'm loving it! - you should too!} ;)

So when you're complimented you should say, "I know." {with a smile... not cockiness... I think there may be a fine line}.  It will totally throw people off - in a good way.  {It has when I've done it}

SO... there will be more of my thoughts coming on the days when I'm not physically surprised with a person!

CELEBRATING LIFE!
{together}

30 days till 30...





No comments: