Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 4: of {30 till I'm 30}

Amy Ellwanger!!


Krista told me to "stand in front of Cheesecake Factory @ 1pm"
I got a HUGE smile on my face when I heard where I was going!
CF is one of my favorite places...
and I knew I'd be seeing one of my favorite people.

SO miss Ellwanger has inspired me for years, with out even knowing each other.
This picture {taken almost 2 years ago} was an inspired from one of her pictures.


{THE STORY}
I was babysitting for a family that Amy nannied for.
I saw a picture like this of the family's son...
I thought, "I want to take a picture like that some day."
then one of my best friends had her 3rd little boy and I KNEW I NEEDED to take it.

One Sunday at church Krista and I met this sweet girl named AMY.
We found out later {much later} that SHE was "Amy"
I told her the whole story and now she is one of my close close friends!

Last year on Sept 25th Amy was shooting a wedding with me.
She saw everything unfold first hand.
{I had a hemiplegic migraine which led to a small stroke and lost everything}

She completed the wedding and has been an amazing part of my life.
I'm so thankful she was there.
For the things we've been through.
For the friendship we have.
For the advice we exchange.
I laugh so hard and so much when I'm with her!

So today...
Our server asked if we were celebrating anything...
so Amy said, "Yah... her Birthday... we actually her sister did this thing - she set up 30 days of 30 - because she's turning 30..."
The server thought it was so sweet {AGREED} and she brought this:


You KNOW me WELL when you get me a this!
I was GIDDY as I reached in the bag and got to drink it on the way home
{I was not driving when I took this picture - I just couldn't wait to get out of my car to take it!}



Not JUST a naked drink... but a Mighty Mango Naked Drink.

Amy.
I'm so thankful for you in my life.
I know that everything happens for a reason.
And that people are in our lives for specific times and purposes.
You've been in my life for some of the most critical times.
I'm thankful that we'll be life longers... not just for this time.

I love you!  You're gorgeous!
"You can't get nectar out of the wine... so STOP TRYING!"
so many more things to laugh about and learn with you!
Thank you for an amazing lunch and for being an awesome friend!!

1 comment:

Traci said...

How sweet and perfect! I had no idea my cute baby's "cheeks" were part of your friendship story! =) That's still one of my all-time favorite pic! Love you! =)