Thursday, September 8, 2011

my life coach

this week will be my 4th week of visiting my life coach. 

I have to say it is one of the best things that I have done for MYSELF {ever}.

There are things that I see in myself but don't KNOW about myself that she is able to open my eyes to and give me tools to change the things that I can and to accept the things that I can't.

We have talked about my personality type and how that affects my daily life. 

my personality type is: "melancholy / perfectionist"
{here are some of the characteristics}

My highs are VERY high and my lows are very low
I give all that I have {150%}
I am an emotional person I feel something and then I think about it
I analyze everything
If I know I can't do something to the full I curl up in a ball and don't do it

I am an "oral communicator"
meaning I need to say just about EVERYTHING
and typically share it with anyone who will listen.

I have ruminating thoughts
which means when there is a thought it goes over and over in my head and gets larger and larger as I think about it - until I'm able to get it out through talking or writing...

These are GOOD things to KNOW about myself.
I see them - but to have someone to bounce myself off of to let me know the things that I could and should work on to have a more productive life and the things that go along with who I was created to be.

I'm never going to stop needing to talk.
it's how I was created and how I communicate.
but I've learned to talk less and listen more ... and to listen first
I definitely don't have this mastered but am working on it.

I'm never going to stop giving my all
but I'm learning it doesn't have to be in everything I do ALL THE TIME.
I need to look for the things I can accomplish and do them
there will be gratification in that and motivation to get more done

I need little "breakations" not a Vacation but a Breakaction.
when I feel I'm about to break and become "immobile"
I should finish 2 or 3 things and then take a break.
do something I love. something active. something with my hands.

I don't have to have everything figured out.
Things don't go how I plan.
I need to trust God in all things.
Not just saying it - but living it.

I need to continually renew my mind.
Asking myself if I know that a thought is TRUE... or is it a LIE.

If it's the truth will I benefit from thinking about it over and over again.
If it's a lie what is the truth to replace it and think on that! 

I am so beyond thankful for my life coach.
Meeting with her couldn't have come at a more perfect time.
It's time to walk through my old insecurities and fears.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, that's right. If we want to be successful, we have to set aside our fears and insecurities. But it isn't easy. Good thing life coaches are here to guide us to a more positive outlook in life. Godspeed!

Marty Morandi