Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 6: of {30 days till 30}

My Surprise{s} came today FROM IOWA.

My cousin Steph and her baby girl Lily {who is not a baby anymore} surprised me at my door!

We went to Leann Chins - they "don't have those in Iowa" and it's been one of my favs and I haven't had it in forever!













Looking back through out the years Steph and I have always been close.
From family times and the THOUSANDS {literally} of pictures - Steph was always holding me.
We started to get closer when I was a freshman in High School.
I remember she called one night and we talked for 3 or 4 hours.  It seemed like it was just minutes.
Steph was getting married soon and asked me to be her personal attendant.
It was the first time that I was "involved" in a wedding.
I remember being with her through out the WHOLE DAY - soaking up every minute of it.

I remember the photographer saying, "kiss each other and hold it..."  then he looked at me and said, "Wonder how long they'll hold it"...  we laughed and waited until they felt uncomfortable and looked to see if it was OK to stop.

So Steph - thanks for helping with the start of something I never knew I'd grow to love so much.  Capturing Life... and amazing love.

You've got an awesome man as a husband.  Since I heard of Brian and met him way back when he felt like a big bro!

Remember London and Scotland - the plane ride.  It is the first and only time I've been nervous on a plane... because you were GRIPPING my arm for the whole take off and landing - and a few times in between!  Jet Lag was fun.  Making a video diary.  Touring London by boat.  Going to Scotland by train.  Seeing all of the awesome sights and meeting new awesome people.

I remember when we would walk the streets at night - or anytime really I was protective of you... you had never been out of the country!  So I was ready to take anyone out who got near to us!  :)

Remember when your kids were just a dream.
And how much God did in your life {and mine} on that trip.
Now look at your family.
Brian, Josh, Nate, Lily and soon to be Zach and Nora.

I am so blessed to have you as my Family!
To have you as my friend!

Though you're in Iowa and we only see each other a few times a year I love being able to catch up with you when we do and share heart to heart stuff.  The depth of things!
I respect you and love you so much!  You're an amazing woman.
Mom. Wife. Friend. Daughter. Cousin. Professor. etc. etc.

So...
Thank you Steph {and Lily} for being my Surprise today!  
It's awesome to see you and spend time face to face!

Love you!!


No comments: