Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 7: of {30 til I'm 30}

BLOWN AWAY BY MY SURPRISE TODAY!

First.
turns out I WASN'T driving myself {KRISTA WAS}
I knew something was up when she got up to shower so early on a Saturday morning
AND that when I saw her she said, "I'm not telling you where you're going yet."
she's had this grin on her face whenever she would talk about Saturday October 1st...

NOW I KNOW WHY.

My surprise was Tracy Galatz.
who is Tracy?  She is "my Tracy" - just like I am "my Suzy" to Marley.
She was our Nanny {6 kids}. Our 3rd Parent. Our Auntie.  My Friend!
She is the person that I could go to with ANYTHING.
She is REAL.  She is Loving.  She is giving.
She is someone who loves us as much as our parents do.
She has got unconditional love and support.
She has known me since before I was born.
She is Family!

She is one of the most influential people in my life.
I learned how to take care of children through her and my mom's love for kids and learning.
Investing in people's lives comes naturally to Trace!
She tells things how they are.
She is hilarious!
She is beautiful.
She is smart.
She is concerned with everyone.
She sees both sides to every story and shares what she thinks is best.
She has {our} best in mind! really anyone she's talking to.
She challenges me to push the limits.  to live life to the fullest.

I was hoping it was her today!
Anytime with Trace is amazing.
No matter the circumstance.
If it's an exciting time - she's excited with you.
If it's a hard time - she sits with you in it and shows the silver lining.
If it's time in the Hospital - she does your hair and brings your favorite things.
If you're scared - she comforts
If you're doing a new business adventure - she supports.

She brings balance to me.
I love her with everything!!

Thank you Trace for being such an amazing part of my life.
For your confidence that is contagious.
For your laughter that is inviting.
For your ideas that are inspiring.
Thank you for loving me like you have!
You've worn so many hats in my life - I enjoy each of them.
I can't say enough how much you've given and what it means to me!
I love you!!

{I had to write all of that first... before what we did - because no matter what we would have DONE it is just awesome to spend time together}

BUT SERIOUSLY...




Krista was starting to look for parking spots and I saw the AVEDA signs
I squealed and said, "AVEDA... are we going to AVEDA... I love AVEDA!"
I had never been there before - always wanted to go...
then we parked and got out - walked around the corner and say Tracy!



AHHHHHHHHHHHH... so excited!
I didn't think this day could get any better
THEN
I found out we were ALL getting facials - with scalp and foot massages.
SERIOUSLY.
this is too much!







I woke up this morning thinking,
"I wish I had a steam room in my house - or a membership at LT still"
my sinuses are not doing well... and this was perfect!  I got a personal steam room today
as a part of my facial - and my head wasn't the greatest and I got a massage.

UGH... it was a little piece of heaven.

THEN we went to PUNCH
{my favorite food - though I am sensitive to lactose... it's worth it}!



Then we went in all of these adorable boutiques
{and I didn't even have THE URGE to buy anything}
I was just enjoying it!
Soaking it all in.

One of the biggest things that I'm learning in this is:
TO BE PRESENT.
Love the people you're with when you're with them.
Tell people what you think about them.
Encourage people when you get the urge to say something positive.

I'm learning how much we {I} take life for granted.
I take the people in my life for granted.
The 24 hours a day I have in each day for granted.

This is an amazing experience for me on so many levels!

I hope you're encouraged and renewed like I was today!
if you're thinking of doing something for someone... DO IT.
What's the worst that could happen if you don't?
You could miss out on something amazing for both of you!

Today's surprise was spent with two of my favorite people!!
Thank you both for loving and giving so much.
Not just today - but everyday!!




I LOVE YOU!

No comments: