Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Easy Road

What's comfortable.

We are such creatures of comfort! I hate this. It can keep us trapped in places of our life where we shouldn't be - or arent' meant to be. Just to FEEL comfortable.

Not wanting to walk the hard road - the one that will bring lasting change - lasting results. Because of fear - or because of lack of desire - or follow through. Something may seem like a really good idea - and you know that it is the best for you - but the completion of that task - that's a different story! You like your comfort - even though you know it's not the best for you! (I like comfort... even though I know it's not the best).

I think that in life we don't spend enough time in the uncomfortable places. We want to get out of them as soon as possible. Maybe that's where the growth takes place. Maybe we should embrace that discomfort as much as we embrace comfort? Maybe we're meant to live there more. I wonder what MY life would be like if I embraced discomfort as much as I do what I love...?

I don't want to take the easy road - even though that is where I am prone to go. I want to seek out the hard road. What will bring the most character? What will build me the most - even though it's hard. I want it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Narrow and Wide Gates
13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7:13-14