Saturday, January 24, 2009

HWY 100

A little shook up!

I was driving to a closing today - and the traffic in front of me started to stop. Some people were swerving to not hit the car in front of them. All of the sudden we were STOPPED. This lasted for 5 mins I called the office (I left early to get to my closing) to tell them that I didn't know what was going on... (I sat for another 35 mins)


Northbound Highway 100 in Edina was closed for hours Friday after a police chase and crash.

Around 2:00 p.m. a State trooper was chasing a driver who failed to pull over for a traffic violation.

The male driver turned north onto Highway 100 and stopped.

As the trooper approached the man's pickup truck, he drove away.

A short time later he hit a median wall and the truck flipped.

The man was ejected from the truck.

He was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center.

The State Patrol said alcohol was detected.

All lanes of northbound Highway 100 were closed between the Crosstown and Excelsior for an accident reconstruction team.

The traffic lanes have since reopened.


This happened about 30 cars in front of me. I saw police cars - rushing past to get to the scene. I saw cars in front of me getting OFF on the entrance ramp to the highway. The traffic behind me started turning around to get off of the highway on the entrance ramps. I was stuck... My client was stuck also. It was surreal. There was nothing we could do.

I got to my closing about a half an hour late... I figured I was about 2 mins away from being front row to the accident.

I'm thankful that I forgot my phone downstairs and turned around to get it! I don't usually stress about being late anymore... knowing that there is probably a reason for it. I've seen too many times in life things "work out" a certain way... and the timing was "right".

Good News - I got to all of my closings - it all worked out - and my car doesn't have more damage (than she already has... on the 15th Stella got in a fight with a snowbank... AND LOST and now needs $1100 worth of work to make her better).

Makes you think of all of the things you're thankful for.

No comments: