Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 12: of {30 till I'm 30}


The power of our words.
To bring life or death to a situation.
To bring joy or sorrow
To bring promise and hope or confusion and despair.
To make a situation light hearted or filled with anxiety.
To bring smiles or tears.
They can cut through anything.
They heal or destroy.

Words are one of my favorite things.
{written or spoken}

I was surprised with the gift of WORDS today.
heartfelt words.
30 notes inside of 30 balloons 
They are colorful and vibrant.
A girl can never have too many jewels... or SPARKLE too much!





it means so much to me:
SHE thought of me.
SHE told me what she sees in me.
SHE enouraged me.
SHE made me laugh.
SHE made me smile.
SHE made me think.
SHE inspired me.

Alisa Ross
I am so blessed to have you in my life.
Who would have thought that lia sophia and a phone call would lead to such an awesome friendship!
{I know who did}  ;)  

When I looked up from taking fall pictures today
I saw YOU.  I couldn't wipe the huge smile off of my face!






Everytime I see you I leave changed - for the good.
{You is Smart. You is Kind. You is Important}
Thank you for your words! 
Today and each time we talk! 
You get to the core of things.  
You bring depth. 
Deep calls to Deep and I love it! 

Looking forward to this year! 
More times with you and your beautiful Fam!
{and maybe some other peeps wink wink} 
I'm thankful that it's such a small world and for new beginnings!
Thankful for the work that God is doing in both of our lives.

You are Beautiful!


...Some of the notes I got from Alisa...
{word for word - thank you for your words!}

A THOUGHT FROM MY HEART {October 5th}
As I sit and think about you today - I can't wait for tomorrow when I get to come and surprise you and bless you for simply being you!  When I think of all the people God has brought into my life and all the people He has used to make an imprint in my heart - YOU my dear friend definitely fit that criteria.  You are such an inspiration to me, such a powerful woman of God and Grace.  Just by watching the grace that you exude in your life, in every season, during every challenge, in the midst of great victories - I am amazed and also challenged in my own life wo walk with the same grace, the same joy, the same peace that you do.  Thank you for being an amazing example and tangible witness for women to draw hope and strength from.  I love you!  Alisa...
I KNOW RIGHT??
Do you realize how many times you say that?  "I KNOW RIGHT?" and after we've spent even just a few hours together I say, "I know right?" for like a week straight!  But that's just like you... you're infectious {in a great way} you have such a bubbly and outgoing personality and it makes anyone want to be around you.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
The message you left on your voicemail before I even met you. I'll always remember meeting you ar Caribou in Plymouth.  As soon as you walked in I knew that our meeting each other was more than just for lia sophia.  I'm thankful you're a friend.

THE JOY OF THE LORD.
I see the Joy of the Lord on you.  No matter what you may be facing you have such a joy and love for life.  I pray you never lose that.  Your Joy in God and His ability is your strength every day!  As you walk into the new chapter of life - my hope is that your Joy is increased!


PRAYER FOR PEACE
"Lord make me an instrument of Thy peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, Joy.  O divine master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to new eternal life." - St. Francis of Assisi

IT'S OK... I LIKE WHITE CHOCOLATE
I remember when you said a friend was concerned about being albino and you said, "It's OK ... I like white chocolate" that make me laugh SO hard, but at the same time I thought, "what an incredibly sweet person" God has seriously given you an amazingly kind heart. 

AN INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE
The beautiful thing about this adventure called faith is that we can count on Him never to lead us astray!  - Charles Swindoll


A SMALL WORLD!
Such a small world that keeps us so connected, and I'm convinced that somewhere down the road we'll find ourselves understanding fully the reasons why God has crossed our paths.  Just the fact that you know Lindsey and your Sister now goes to church with our very best friends makes me chuckle at how small the world really is, and how He keeps us in each others lives... Excited to see how God blesses our lives.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE
Faith becomes a bridge between where I am and where I want to go -- it is a substance - Bishop TD Jakes

POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are - Marianne Willimson.
You have such an amazing outlook on life. Even in the midst of great trial and insurmountable pain, you still smile, still send love, still keep your faith and hope in Christ.  I've learned so much by simply watching your life.  You are the epitome of joy and a true living epistle.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE
God does not look at your past mistakes and exclude you from His promises.  Neither does God give you His promises on the basis of any good work you have done.  It is your faith in Him that brings God's promises to you.  Paula White


THE SUNFLOWER
I believe this is one of your favorite flowers and I can totally understand why. 
You're bright, beautiful and make anyone smile.  You have been created uniquely by God to bring so much warmth and love into this world Suzy.  Did you know that the head of a sunflower consists of thousands of tiny flowers?  There are so many different facets and wonderful qualities that God has placed in you, to make you a one of a kind masterpiece.  You're fearfully and wonderfully made.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE
We don't think there's something wrong with one-year-old children because they can't walk perfectly.  They fall down... frequently, but we pick them up, love them, bandage them if necessary and keep working with them.  Surely our heavenly Father can do even more for us than we do for our children,  Joyce Meyer
God is with you and for you, so as you continue to walk, fall, make mistakes... just know He is rooting you on {and so am I}

SCRIPTURE ENCOURAGEMENT!
Philippians 1:6  
I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He WHO began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ, developing and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

YOUR SMILE
Your great big, beautiful smile that warms lives, lifts spirits and shows the sincerity of your heart.  There are 2 quotes about smiles that I want to share with you:
#1 Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person and a beautiful thing - Mother Teresa
#2 A smile is like tight underwear - it makes your cheeks go up.  LOL keep smiling Suzy.












No comments: