Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 9: of {30 till I'm 30}

My Taste Buds

THEY NOW GET A SURPRISE EVERY MORNING.

I love my new tradition.
I've been figuring out ways to be more healthy.
So I don't get migraines and I have energy to do things
and so my brain will continue to grow "healthy and strong"

So this is my morning ritual now.
I take time for myself.
Make my smoothie.
{it's actually what gets me out of bed now - because I love them so much}


then I read
{yes i said I READ}
those who know me know that I DON'T READ - but I've started to now - everyday
I read for about 5 - 10 minutes to prepare myself.  my attitude. my goals.  my heart.
This way no matter what comes my way that day - I'm ready
{I definitely feel the difference when I don't have either of these}

WITH "me time"


WITH OUT "me time"




What is in my Green Smoothie and why do I love it so much?

If you can get past the LOOK of it - it's the most amazing treat I've ever had.
I crave it.
It's healthy.
It gives me energy.
With out it I drag through the morning
{just ask my co-workers}
It starts my day off right.
Thinking about myself.
Putting myself first.
I have a healthy attitude when I'm able to drink it and read in the morning.

I will continue to do this and seek health in my 30s

Here's how I make them...
{a picture says a thousand words - so I'll just let them talk}









I give my Sis the remnants - so she can start her day off right



TIP:  don't knock it till you try it!
I've had the biggest skeptics make vomiting faces before they've tried it and then they ask for the recipe!  You can perfect it.  Make it your own.  I'm going to be adding flax seed to it also.

IT'S AMAZING!!

I dare you to try it!  Come up with your own recipe.  One of the keys is how you mix it {I do mine for about 3-4 minutes and it gives it the perfect consistency} The other key is to have a HEALTHY juice that you love and FROZEN fruit - this way the drink is cold with out adding ice!

SURPRISE YOUR TASTE BUDS TODAY
with a Green Smoothie!
take the time to eat better and to take care of yourself.
YOU ARE WORTH IT!!  {I promise.  life is too short NOT TO!}

PS - the day is not over - I know that I have a "not in person surprise" coming sometime still.  I love those too! Getting the unexpected is awesome.  It's hard when you expect and you don't get it - but then again that was unexpected too I guess.  {so there may be more to this BLOG... a part 2}?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}


PART TWO
connecting with a great friend



on Monday night it was a surprise phone call from a great friend.
we live states apart and when I looked at my caller ID my heart jumped
she has been an amazing friend to me through out my life.

we've had so many sweet times together
church, school, football games, sleepovers {where she would always have to turn off the VHS because I'd fall asleep first and the screen would go all staticky and I wouldn't move... because I was out COLD} Camps, weddings, kids, there isn't a dull or shallow moment between us :)

She is a friend that no matter where we've been or where we go she is dear to my heart.   We challenge each other in life.  We are mostly opposite - but love deeply. We have gone through times of talking everyday and then a lot of times of catching up.  I am proud of her and I love her to the core!


It was amazing to hear your voice and catch up!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Here's my favorite smoothie recipe:

1 or 2 bananas
1 to 1-1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
handful of spinach
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
add a little 100% apple juice if you need to thin it out

Yummy. And my kiddos love it for "snacktime". :)