Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 15: {30 till 30}

seasons change.  autumn is probably my favorite season.
the smell and feel of the air changes.
I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet.
I love that it means my birthday will be here soon...
AND 3rd Quarter Naps!

Anyone who has been with me for a football game knows of the
3rd Quarter Naps. 

2 years ago I joined a tradition of going over to the Wenges house for Vikings Games.
any Sunday that I was in town I would go with my sis and a handful of people to watch the game in their "man cave" downstairs or on the patio outside {yes - they have a TV outside for the games}

Karen is an amazing cook and hostess and Jason knows everything there is to know about football.
They are family! Karen has known me since I was in 2nd grade 21 years :)

I LOVE this tradition and them... it was my surprise today!






The last time Karen made beef stew {my favorite} for me was the first week I was home from the hospital last year...

We were sitting on the couch and she was showing me pictures {I think to jog my memory - or see where it was at}.  I don't think I could talk THAT much yet.

When she showed me pictures of Jason and the kids... I asked "who?" ... she said, "That's my husband... Jason.  You know Jason." I said, "NO..." and just laughed.  Then she showed me pictures of Preston and Makein I asked, "who?"  She told me they were her kids...  I said, "NO..." she told me "you were at our wedding and each year you take pictures of our kids".  I truly DID NOT believe her.  "There's no way she had kids... she wasn't even married." 

It's awesome to know how far we have come ... we can laugh about it all now.
The Wenges have been there for me through so much!
It is sweet to remember the memories now
{I remember their wedding, taking the pictures and that Jason's name IS Jason}.

They are precious to me {and our family}  I love them so much and am thankful for them in my life!  I'm looking forward to many more 3rd Quarter Naps and the upswing of the Vikes.

Karen had to lie to me to keep today a secret...
but having left overs of the beef stew makes me forget what she had to do... :)
Her beef stew is amazing!!



Thank you Jason for the flowers! 

Love you Wenges - and the Sunday Game crew!


No comments: