Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 19: of {30 till 30}

"I think that's my Aunt Lisa in the window!"

back story:
The classroom that I work in has a little window in the door and my co-worker said, "Um... who is that?"  I had my back to the door playing with the babes.  I turned and said,
"I think that's my Aunt Lisa!"

My face turned bright red {surprise surprise} it does that whenever I'm excited - nervous - happy - really anytime there is anything unexpected my face FLUSHES. 

I opened the door and saw my Uncle Dave standing there with Daisies!  
How sweet!  Krista told me that I wasn't getting an in person surprise today - I had NO CLUE!  It was surreal to me - because I wasn't expecting "something" in person today.  

How fun! 

Lisa and Dave are always the life of the party and practical jokers.  My Uncle Dave doesn't really like his picture taken... so it's my mom's goal to get a picture of him.  I'm the peacemaker and like to compromise... SO - now they're both happy {I think} :)



One of my favorite memories of my Uncle Dave is when I was in Junior High - I would babysit my cousin Danny during the week.  He'd pick me up from school and ask me, "How was your day."  I don't think he knew at the beginning that he would get a car full of answers.  I'd talk pretty much the whole way to their house.  He still teases me about saying, "But that's OK."  I'd be in the middle of a story or a sentence and say, "But that's OK... but that's OK."  He started to say, "Is that OK?" every time I'd say it.  I didn't even realize that I said it so much - until he repeated it.  I'm not sure how much longer it lasted.

My aunt Lisa can take credit for how I take my corners while driving.  I remember one specific time she was driving me home from TLC, we were turning on my street and she asked, "has your mom taught you how to take corners?"...  "No...?"  So she said you break half way through and then press on the gas.  I'm sure I was taking the corners completely wrong.  Now I just need to watch out for the curbs.

Thank you Lisa and Dave for stopping by and surprising me at work.  It made my day!

Thank you for the daisies and the card!  They mean so much to me.

Love you! 
{Hills - Danny and Julie included!}





No comments: