Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 25: of {30 til 30}

I got to go on a FIRST DATE!!

{not just a first date with someone ... but someONE's first date!}

How sweet is this?

I've known Preston Wenge since he was born.  He is like my little cousin. 
He is so sweet and was so polite!

I walked into Caribou and saw him sitting there - with a sign
"DAY 25" and this big cute smile on his face. 



I was a bit confused because Karen {his mom} was there also... but she was just his choufer


He walked me up to the counter and asked me what I'd like
then he ordered and the cashier asked if it would be together and looked at me
I just waited and smiled - as he looked up and said, "I got it..."



We waited for our drinks and had a bit of small talk.
Football.  Harry Potter.  What his favorite subject in school was.

He said it was reading and math
{two things that I definitely didn't excel at}


I asked him what his favorite book was.
He said it's a series about Greek Mythology - the Percy Jackson series. 
{I watched the movie about it ... so I could hold my own}
He said that I could borrow the series if I wanted to.
His face just lit up about it.




THEN
he taught me how they long divide now
{I can't think of the name of it... but he's REALLY good at it}
I had to whip out my phone to make sure his answers were correct.

I showed him how I learned {or didn't learn} to long divide.
He said, "OH... that's 'OLD SCHOOL'."
haha. I guess it is.
I've never been told that I'm OLD SCHOOL on a first date.

He had to get back to school so we made our way back to TLC.


I'm so excited that I got to be his first date!
I'll be able to tell the story at his wedding!

Thank you Preston for being such a gentleman 
and GREAT first date!!




HE EVEN PICKED OUT MY GIFT...
it's a corn bag that you can heat up or "put it in a plastic bag and use it as an ice pack"
{the fabric is even my style!  I love it!!}

SERIOUSLY - Karen and Jason - you've done WELL!!

No comments: