Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 8: of {30 till I'm 30}

MY MOM

I got home tonight from Life Groups and my mom had a very sweet card and gift certificates to Noodles.  $30 for 30 :)
She always writes the most meaningful cards and notes!
Her words of affirmation are priceless!

I remember when I was on the road with the Groves - my mom wrote me a little note for each day that I was gone.  I didn't always read them in the order that I was supposed to - but it always turned out that what she wrote was what I needed to hear on that day!

That was the case today!  She is amazing!
I love her so much and am so thankful for how she gives and invests in my life.

I think that I've learned to show love through little cards and notes because that's how she gives love.
Her words mean the world to me.
They encourage me to love deeply and to give!  She never stops giving... or loving!




I heard a familiar song last night at Sara's CD release concert.
It made me think of my mom.

When Sara was recording Station Wagon
I was so moved by the songs on the album. 
{to be honest - I love ALL of her songs - she remains my favorite artist!}
Though it's made for parents
starts off funny and whimsical about parenting
it beautifully fades into lullabies
It is one of my favorite albums - though I'm not a parent
it helps me understand my parents' love for me
and my friends love for their kids!
{if you don't have it... you should get it!}

Thank you Mom. 
For loving the way you do!
I know there is nothing that I can do to lose your love.


You will lose your baby teeth • At times you'll lose your faith in me • You will lose a lot of things • But you cannot lose my love • • You may lose your appetite • Your guiding sense of wrong and right • You may lose your will to fight • But you cannot lose my love • • You will lose your confidence • In times of trial your common sense • You may lose your innocence • But you cannot lose my love • • Many things can be misplaced • Your very memories be erased • No matter what the time or space • You cannot lose my love • • You cannot lose • You cannot lose • You cannot lose my love • 

{YOU CAN NOT LOSE MY LOVE - Sara Groves}

CLICK TO PLAY SONG {turn the volume up} :)




No comments: