Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 20: of {30 til 30}

 Ms. Traci Romine is one of my best friends.
I met her about 4 years ago - but she feels like a friend I've known my whole life.

We met while I was working and she was shopping.  She needed a girls night ... and I needed some excitement at the party... she walked in and lit up the room.  With her southern accent and huge smile - I knew we'd be good friends... or at least that I WANTED to be friends.

Now 4 years later we've been through so much in life together.  I feel like our friendship works so well because there are times it feels like we're THE SAME PERSON - just separated by a {few ;) years}... and then we're different enough to keep each other on our toes.

She has got the 3 most beautiful little boys.
{I knew she was pregnant with her youngest before they did... long story}.

Typically {for the surprises} I get from Krista where and when I'm supposed to be "someplace"

All that I knew about today was:  it's "all day" and you'll be picked up.

You'd think that by this point in the game I'd be used to being surprised... 


NOPE. 

You never know where the person is... or WHO the person is.
So I find myself walking slower {way slower} looking EVERYWHERE.
Hoping that I don't make a fool of myself - or that they don't prolong the surprise...

I was walking to my car and saw a door fling open and in a loud high pitched voice:
"SURPRISE" and then a lot of giggles!

I squealed too and was giggling for a few minutes I'm sure.


Traci was in Texas - visiting her dad.
{or so I thought} 
I didn't know when she was getting back.
I didn't think she was home
{or it would have been all over FB... sneaky sneaky!



We went to Perkins - our favorite place together.  Old habits die hard.
The first time we hung out was at Perkins - for about 4 hours or so
we closed the place down - or opened it...

Then we went to Chili's for their
"White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake"

SO... you know it's been too long since you've "actually" hung out and had time just with the girls when at BOTH of your favorite and BOTH of their menus have changed.

The sweet thing is that no matter the circumstance or place you're at; when you're with the people you love - nothing else matters and it's a blast.

So here are some pics of my awesome Surprise of Ms. Romine and her boys!
{she's a Mrs. I just don't like saying Mrs. for my married friends... it makes me feel old... or that they are old}



 {I guess I say this a lot... SO TRUE!}




No comments: